To date, Century has built over 15,000 homes for South Florida families, making it the largest Hispanic-owned homebuilder in the nation.
W ith numerous distinctive communities in prime locations surrounded by established businesses and great schools, Century has earned the trust and respect of homebuyers who understand that “value” involves more than just affordable prices.
We keep our outstanding reputation intact through our strong commitment to community service and by employing talented individuals whose goals are one in the same: to improve the quality of life of South Florida’s residents by delivering communities that are invaluable yet affordable.
Message From Our President
I believe that there are important decisions in one’s life that are truly invaluable – buying a home is one of those decisions and choosing the homebuilder is a privilege to the builder. My number one priority is for Century to be that builder because a home is not only a place you come home to every day, it’s where families share memories together, where life-growing changes happen that can never be replaced.
I have always believed that one achieves excellence only by cultivating and maintaining a sense of passion about something. It’s difficult to feel truly passionate about more than just a few things. Some that come to mind include one’s family, lifelong hobbies or past-times, and the sense of accomplishment that fills a productive and rewarding day. One of my passions is building homes. I have a strong interest in its ability to help customers acquire a valuable asset – a new home. For most people, it’s not just an investment that will grow in value. A new home is the most important purchase a person will make because a home is where the future lies.
In today’s world, more than ever before, it’s important to consider the comfort, convenience and security a new home represents. Few things in a lifetime will generate more precious memories than good times at home. Today’s modern home provides a foundation for family, personal and professional growth.
President of Century Homebuilders Group
Sergio Pino is the President and founder of Century Homebuilders Group, LLC, one of the largest Hispanic Homebuilders in the nation established in 1995. Century Homebuilders Group is a diversified real estate operating company that focuses on the acquisition, development, construction, and management of residential communities and commercial land. In two decades, the company has acquired, developed and/or managed over 50 multi-family and condominium communities. These properties account for over 15,000 homes throughout Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
Sergio Pino’s first business endeavor took place at 20 years old, when he purchased Century Plumbing, a small retail plumbing supplier that quickly grew to the largest Hispanic owned plumbing company in the nation.
Mr. Pino also served as Chairman and President of Century Partners Group, which he founded in 1997, and has established many companies that are related to the land acquisition and development industry sharing the Century brand name to maintain a consistent corporate image. Mr. Pino’s business acumen led Century Partners Group and Century Homebuilders Group to become one of the most valuable real estate companies with an impressive portfolio for commercial, residential and mixed use projects.
Sergio Pino is also an active member in our community. He holds or has held an active role as a member or in a leadership position in the Latin Builders Association (President from 1989 – 1992), The Builders Association of South Florida, Public Health Trust, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Mercy Foundation, Florida International University Board of Trustees, Baptist Health South Florida Board of Trustees and numerous other prestigious and influential organizations. In 2000, Pino was appointed by Governor Jeb Bush to serve on the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) Commission. He was also a Founding Member and Director of Ready State Bank and a Founding Member and Vice-chairman of Us Century Bank.
Noteworthy achievements Sergio Pino received throughout the past three decades include being ranked amongst the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce Top 100 Hispanic Companies, Builder Top 100, Hispanic Business Top 100, and as The South Florida Business Journal’s Largest Hispanic Owned Business. In addition, Century has won over 200 Builders of South Florida’s Best Awards for Excellence in the Homebuilding Industry, and an honorary South Florida Entrepreneur of the Year award from Florida International University.
Sergio Pino and his companies have also been responsible for playing a vital role in raising awareness and funds for many organizations such as La Liga Contra el Cancer and American Cancer Society/Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Miami-Dade Parks and Recreation Department, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Miami Children’s Hospital, Jackson Memorial Hospital, and Habitat for Humanity. Sergio Pino also fosters educational programs and made a significant donation to Florida International University to fund the Entrepreneurship Building which is named after his father and family (the Eugenio Pino & Family Global Entrepreneurship Center).
Century takes great pride in supporting its communities. A strong sense of community is an important aspect that Century stands by. That is why we have donated supplies, time, or money to the following organizations:
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life (Doral)
- La Liga Contra El Cancer
- Miami-Dade County Post Office Event
- Salute To Our Heroes Fund
- Kendall Hammock Little League
- Punta Gorda Hurricane Relief
- Florida International University “Eugenio Pino & Family Global Entrepreneurship Center”
- Miami Children’s Hospital Toy Donation
- Hands In Action
- Habitat for Humanity
- Right Track Boys & Girls Charity
- Dorothy M. Wallace COPE Center
- Hope Center
- Century Parc ‘House Giveaway’ with Radio Mambi
- Gables Promenade 2003 – Charity to Cure Paralysis
- Centro Mater – Donation
- Mater Academy – Toy Donation
- March of Dimes – Donation
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Jackson Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Miami-Dade County Parks & Recreation
Awards & Recognitions
Throughout the years, Century Homebuilders has been honored to be a recipient of the finest and most coveted awards in the construction industry and beyond. These are a few of the countless recognitions presented to our organization:
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – Top 100Hispanic Companies
- March of Dimes – Building Our Community Awards Finalist
- Building Our Community Awards – Finalist
- Builder Top 100 (four consecutive years)
- Hispanic Business Top 100 (four consecutive years)
- Builders Association of South Florida – Best Awards (over 300 awards in total)
- Latin Builders Association – Residential Builder of the Year
- The Business Journal – Largest Hispanic Owned Business
- Professional Builder – Top 200
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce – The Cutting Edge Award
- Boy Scouts of America
- Hispanic Heritage – Community Leader Award
- El Nuevo Constructor – Builder of the Year
- The National Association of Hispanic Publications – Amigo Award
- William J. Matheson Award
- Miami-Dade Parks and Recreation Department – Appreciation Award
- NCCJ (National Conference for Community and Justice) Award
- S. Florida Business Journal – Business of the Year – Award in Real Estate Services
- United States Olympic Committee
- Hispanic Trends Magazine – Best in Business Award
- City of Doral – Appreciation and Achievement Award
- Casa & Estilo – Design Excellence Award
- Top 100 Minority Business Awards Finalist
- Miami-Dade Community College – “Class Act” Award